Saturday, September 10, 2011

Reasons & Excuses

I haven't blogged in a long time. This is why:
The garden is huge and out of control, and we've been super busy trying to keep up with our canning so that nothing goes to waste. We've processed about 300lbs of tomatoes, 40lbs of various peppers, lots of corn, onions, beets, cucumbers, zucchini, butternut squash, acorn squash... and most recently, eggplant and watermelon! We've made pasta sauce, tomato sauce, fire roasted salsas, tomato jam, peach jam, pluot jam, pear jam, plum jam, marmalade, pickles, dried peppers, and more. We've dried beans, tomatoes, peppers, fruits, and spices. Roasted sunflower seeds and tomatoes. And we've traveled and done lots of stuff with friends and family too. I've been taking a lot of pictures along the way, but when I've sat down to do a new post, I'm overwhelmed by all the catching up there is to do and I simply close the new post window. So this will have to do as an update, or I'll never get one done :)

I hope everyone has enjoyed their summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment