Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Distractions

I'm so glad we started this big, challenging garden project - it has become my happy place that I can focus on when I want a nice distraction. My grandma Quete died last week after a long illness, and my mom told me when her grandma died, she stayed home and watered the lawn instead of going to the funeral, that was the way she needed to grieve, and I understand perfectly.
So over the weekend we worked more on the garden. While Neil built the boxes for the squash and corn, I worked on leveling the ground they'll rest on, and the pathways around them. I hoed and shoveled, and put those awesome leveling skills to use that my dad taught me a couple of years ago when we did our backyard in Vegas. I told Neil he had to get a picture of me doing manual labor so it wouldn't look like he does all the actual work, and I even showed him where the camera was, but he failed. So you'll have to take my word for it!
And now, I'm off to Vegas for work, while Neil holds down the farm :)

1 comment: